Hi everyone it’s Zainab! I feel like this is the first time I’m doing Blogger’s Confessions two posts in a row! Before I get into it, thank you to everyone who has asked to be interviewed, I’ll try and do as many people as possible. Now, let’s get into chatting with Charis!
1) Thanks so much for agreeing to be interviewed Charis! You are well – known in the blogging for your book reviews and other book related content, what made you want to begin blogging in that niche?
I’m honored to be part of your wonderful blog series, Zainab! I’ve been reading books since I could sit up straight and making up stories not much later, so choosing the book and writing niche was a no-brainer for me!
2) You decided that you are going to start rebranding your blog which is super exciting! Why did you decide to rebrand?
Lately, I’ve felt like I’m balancing between two “worlds” in the blogosphere: books and writing. While the two seem like they coexist with no problems, I want to narrow my focus and build a solid community of niche readers. I have so much I want to share with my audience, and I want to foster deeper connections and serve my community to the best of my ability.
3) What new categories and posts can we see on your rebranded blog?
I’m working with my blogging and writing mentors to make some decisions regarding my rebrand, and I’m really excited to move forward from there! I’m not diverting too far from book- or writing-themed content, but simply deciding which track I want to focus on the most.
4) When do you think the blog rebrand will be fully ready for new posts?
Until things are set in stone, you can expect the same regular content from me! And as I mentioned, I’m not making any drastic changes. 🙂
5) This is a different question and it’s more about yourself but, considering you write a lot of book related content, when did you discover your love for reading and when did you start doing more writing related content?
As mentioned, I started “reading” books when I could sit up — though back then it was just flipping through books and babbling at the pictures. I’m so grateful to both of my parents for fostering my love for books, from read-alouds to long library trips.
Initially, my posts on Charis Rae included book reviews, writing tips, and productivity. Last year I narrowed my focus to book-themed content, but recently I’ve zoomed back out and am also sharing what I’m learning as a writer and editor. I really enjoy analyzing books and discussing stories with other passionate creatives, and I’m excited for what the future holds!
Thanks so much for agreeing to be interviewed Charis, go check out her blog here! And to the readers, thank you for reading!
You want to see more of me and get exclusive updates on my blog? Well check out my socials!
Instagram – For exclusive updates on posts
Goodreads – You can see any books I’ve read or even recommend me one!
Contact Me if you would like to collaborate or have any other inquiries
Any suggestions or feel like chatting? Comment down below!
Enjoy your day!