Hey guys, it’s Zainab here, welcome or welcome back to Zainab Chats! Since the Spring break is over, everyone is going back to school and exam season is starting. But it’s also the period where UK Students may be choosing their GCSE courses and some schools even start them midway through the years.
I’m in the 2nd year of my course so I’ll be sharing what I wish I knew before starting them. This post will be split into 3 sections: Choosing Subjects, Revision & Workload/Stress. If you’re not in the UK, you can apply this to any school curriculum you have to choose/have exams for. Let’s jump into it!
Choosing Subjects (What You Should Know)
- Pick subjects that you constantly enjoy learning about
- Ask yourself if you will still like the subject in 2 years time
- Choose a variety of theory/practical based subjects to add variety to your choices
- Check your school website to see what each subject’s curriculum is before you commit to it
Revision (What To Keep in Mind)
- You may have different revision techniques depending on the subject
- Find your preferred revision strategy ASAP
- Trial a range of methods to see what works for you (Mindmaps, Notes, Flashcards, Audio etc!)
- Any revision resources need to be made before hand – it will allow you to spend more time revising
Workload/Stress (What To Remember)
- Procrastination will find it’s way back to you – do revision or assignments quickly
- Someone else will know how you’re feeling, ask for help if needed
- Breaks are vital to your success too
- Remember to take some time every day to distress away from your working environment
I hope this post was useful to anyone going into exam years soon, this is information I definitely wish I had 2 years ago. Thank you so much for reading, let me know how exams/school are going for you in the comments!
You want to see more of me and get exclusive updates on my blog? Well check out my socials!
Instagram – For exclusive updates on posts
Goodreads – You can see any books I’ve read or even recommend me one!
Contact Me if you would like to collaborate or have any other inquiries
Any suggestions or feel like chatting? Comment down below!
Have a lovely day everyone!